Why I blog.

16.5.12


These days I've been thinking on why I write this blog. The truth is that I realized that everything is good, I've met new people, it keeps me creative and my ideas organized. 

Estos días he estado pensando en por qué escribo este blog. Y la verdad es que me he dado cuenta de que todo es bueno, he conocido a gente nueva, me mantiene creativa y organizadas las ideas.

Meet new people.
One of most gratifiying things is chek my email on the morning and found emails and comments on the blog of unknown people. People that likes my drawings, or comment what I think or my photos. For me, this is the most important thing of writting a blog. And the best part is when you know people like Chloe, we we haven't even seen each other, but we are so similar and we can talk about a lot of things.
Even she sent me a present for my birthday! I hope someday we can meet in person! It would be great!


Conocer a gente nueva
Una de las cosas más gratificantes es abrir el correo por la mañana y encontrarte con e-mails y comentarios en el blog de gente que no conozco. Gente a la que le gustan mis dibujos, o que comenta lo que pienso o mis fotos. Para mi, esto es lo más importante de escribir un blog. Y lo mejor es cuando conoces a gente como Chloe, no nos hemos visto nunca, pero somos muy parecidas y podemos hablar de muchas cosas. Incluso me envió un regalo por mi cumpleaños! Espero que algún día nos podamos conocer en persona, sería genial!


Creativity
I've been writting this blog more than one year ago, and sometimes, specially at the beginning, I wanted to leave, because I didn't receive any comment, and seemed that nobody read my blog. But with the help of my friends that always encourage me to continue publishing and this blog has grown a bit more. Now every day I think on what to write, on take photos, on drawing... everything inspires me for sharing with you.

Creatividad
Hace más de un año que escribo este blog, y a veces, sobretodo al principio he tenido ganas de dejarlo, porque no recibía comentarios y parecía que nadie leía mi blog. Pero gracias a mis amigos que siempre me han animado a seguir publicando, este blog ha crecido un poco más. Ahora cada día pienso en qué escribir, en hacer fotos, en dibujar... cualquier cosa me inspira para compartirla con vosotros.



Job
This blog also helped me for working a little on what I love. I never thought that someone ask me for an illustration and paid me for that. And neither thought that someone makes me an interview as an artist, I only make this because I love it. 

Trabajo
Este blog también me ha ayudado a poder trabajar un poco de lo que me gusta. Nunca me había imaginado que alguien me pidiera por encargo ilustraciones y que me pagara por ello. Y tampoco me hubiera imaginado que me entrevistarian como artista, yo solo hacía esto porque me gusta. 





Organization (of work, not of things)
I've never finished a notebook before, now I have to buy a new one because i'm about to finish it. Almost every day I write sheets with lists, ideas and drawings for this blog and everytime I see it and I realize of all I'm doing I feel proud of myself because I see how I'm growing up. 

Organización (de trabajo, no de cosas)
Antes nunca había terminado un cuaderno, ahora necesito comprarme otro nuevo porque dentro de poco lo voy a terminar. Casi cada día lleno las hojas de listas, ideas y dibujos para este blog y cada vez que lo miro y me doy cuenta de todo lo que voy haciendo me siento orgullosa porque veo como voy creciendo.



Improve my english
This is one of my new year goals: write this blog in spanish and english. And I'm doing it!
Althoug Alex helps me a lot, she is my reviser! (I pay she with Frappés of McCafé). I have to say that since I write this blog in english I can talk with people all over the world with the same interests or for doing projects. For me it's hard, and takes a lot of time (I write this in two hours and a half), and I know that I make mistakes, but if you understand me it's ok, or not?




Mejorar mi inglés
Este es uno de mis retos de este año: escribir el blog en castellano y en inglés. Y lo estoy consiguiendo! Aunque Alex me ayuda bastante, es mi corrector! (le pago con Frappés del McCafé). Tengo que decir que desde escribo este blog en inglés puedo hablar con más gente de todo el mundo con los mismos intereses que yo o para hacer proyectos. Para mi es bastante difícil y me lleva mucho tiempo (he escrito esto en dos horas y media), y también sé que hago bastantes faltas, pero bueno, si me entendéis es lo importante, o no?


Have a good wednesday!
Lauryn.




10 comentarios:

Alexandra Cabrer dijo...

Me alegra un montón que estés consiguiendo todo esto. ¡Y es solo el principio! :)

Kelsey dijo...

It's great that you blog in English. I would love to learn Spanish! I just started my blog so I don't have many readers, but I agree with you that it keeps me creative, and doing something that I love.

www.hiphopheartstrings.blogspot.com

Tea Journal dijo...

I'm so glad you kept blogging! Love that it's bilingual...helps me practice my spanish, too :)

HEATHER dijo...

I love the drawings you have on here and I have to give you big, BIG props for writing in both English and Spanish :)

Jing Qi dijo...

yes, sometimes I ask myself that question too! I just found your blog, let's be friends? :) followed you on GFC!

wishfulpenguin.blogspot.com xx

Aukse dijo...

My native language is Lithuanian but I blog in English too. It really does help to improve it! And yes, it also helps to stay creative and productive everyday. :)

Kristina dijo...

So good to read about what inspires you to write this blog! And so happy that you have decided to also write in English, as my Spanish is really really bad :)
Happy blogging!!

Aizzing dijo...

hello! just discovered your blog from another blog and i adore your drawings! you're very very talented, dear! and i'm amazed how you manage to consistently write in both english and spanish. must be a lot of work.

i also used to be discouraged when my blog didn't receive any comments. but i soon realized that i'm blogging for myself and it's one of the things that make me happy. so i just continue blogging my heart away and forget about comments, pageviews or followers. :)

keep blogging!

Lauryn Green dijo...

Thank you at all for comment! This make me smile a lot.

Giorgia Rossini dijo...

I blog for the same reason, more or less :)
meet new people with talents and skills, and open my mind and find something new every time I discover a new blog, like yours :)
I love your works, I can't wait to see what you will create for me :) - I won one of your portrait from Kitty and Buck ;)